Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Her Name is Remi

Remi has been given lots of nicknames in her short little life. She's known around here by Remi, Remington E., Betty, Betty Boo, Biz, Bizzy, Bizzy Boo, Bitty Betty, REW, Biz Biz, Liz, Lady and Girl Girl, to name a few. 

Grant, per his demands, is known by Grant. If you EVER try to call him anything else, he will immediately (and usually defiantly) correct you. Even if you tell him he's awesome, he'll whip around and retort, "NO! I'm GRANT!"

The day after he turned three, I called Remi "Biz" in front of him and I guess he'd had enough!

"No Mommy, her name is Remi! Can you say 'Re-mi'??"
"Yes Grant I can. 'Remi'"
"Good job Mommy!"

It hit me how old they're getting! Grant's protecting his sister's namesake and Remi's wearing pigtails! It's so fun and so sad at the same time!

1 comment:

Tami Crosby said...

I'm glad we aren't the only ones with a lot of nicknames for our kids! haha Love that Grant is all protective!
Also congratulations on your news! You are amazing for keeping it a secret so long! Glad you have been feeling good.